Health Concerns For BELIEVERS
(Shahid Athar , M. D.)
Back to Home Page
In the Name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate
"And when I am ill,
To my patients
it is He Who cures me"
(The Holy Quran 26:80)
15,000 of them in 25 years
whom I thank for trusting me
for health care and teaching me
about their illnesses
Praise be to God
The Creator of the Universe
Who taught us,
"Whoever saves a human life has saved the life of all mankind"
- Give us the knowledge, the skills and the will to serve fellow humans.
- Give us the wisdom to comfort and console all
toward peace and harmony.
Help us alleviate human sufferings.
- Give us the strength to admit our mistakes,
amend our ways and to forgive others.
- Give us the devotion to serve the poor, the hungry, the destitute
and homeless with honor, love, dignity and piety,
with patience and tolerance, with knowledge and vigilance,
with Thy love in our hearts, compassion for Thy servants and desire for
Thy mercy for all those who are instruments of Thy healing. (Amen)
Shahid Athar, M. D.
- HEALTH MAINTENANCE THROUGH EXERCISE AND NUTRITION
- HEALTH CONCERNS FOR BELIEVIERS
- HEALTH GUIDELINES FROM THE QURAN AND SUNNAH
- ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE ON STRESS MANAGEMENT
- EFFECTS OF PROHIBITED FOODS, INTOXICANTS AND INGREDIENTS ON HUMAN HORMONES AND BEHAVIOR
- MEDICAL ASPECTS OF ISLAMIC FASTING
- DIABETES MELLITUS AND RAMADAN FASTING
- ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE: THE AMERICAN SCENE AND ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE
- ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVES ON MEDICAL ETHICS
- ETHICAL DECISION- MAKING IN PATIENT CARE
- AIDS AND SEXUALLY-TRANSMITTED DISEASES- WHAT MUSLIMS SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THEM
- THE CARE MANUAL FOR THE MOST INCREDIBLE MACHINE
- THE ROLE OF THE MUSLIM PHYSICIAN IN AN ISLAMIC COMMUNITY
- EPILOGUE - THE BOOK THAT LED ME TO MY CREATOR
LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS