In the name of God, the Mercy-giving, the Merciful!
(i) * Reality!
* What is reality?
* What will make you recognize
what reality is like?
* Thamud and Ad denied [they would face] disaster. ** As for Thamud, they were wiped out by the Thunderbolt. * As for Ad, they were wiped out by a furiously howling gale. * He loosed it on them for seven grueling nights and eight days. You would see folk collapsing in it as if they were hollow palm trunks. * Do you see any survivors from them?
* Pharaoh came, as well as those before him, and the places
Overthrown through [their own] misdeeds; ** they defied their Lord's
messenger, so He seized them with a tightening grip. * When the water
overflowed, We loaded you on the vessel,
Noah* so We might set it up as a Reminder for you and so (your) attentive ears might retain it. The Last Trumpet
* When a single blast is blown on the Trumpet * and the earth is lifted up along with the mountains and they are both flattened by a single blow, ** the Event will take place on that day! * The sky will split open and seem flimsy that day; * while angels [will stand] along its edges. Eight [in all] will bear your Lord's throne above them on that day.
The Final Judgement
* On that day you will (all) be arraigned; no secret of yours will remain hidden. * Anyone who is given his book in his right hand will say:"Here, read my book! ** I always thought I would face my reckoning!" * He will be in pleasant living * in a lofty garden * whose clusters [of fruit] will hang within easy reach. * "Eat and drink to your heart's content because of what you sent on ahead in bygone days." ** However anyone who is given his book in his left hand will say: "It's too bad for me; if only my book had not been given me, * I would not have known my reckoning! * If it had only been the Sentence [once and for all]! * My money has not helped me out; * my authority has been wiped out on me."
** "Take him off and handcuff him! * Then let Hades roast him! * Then padlock him to a chain gang seventy yards long. * He did not believe in God Almighty * nor ever urge [others) to feed the needy. ** He has no close friend here today, * nor any food except for some garbage * which only sinners eat."
(ii) * Yet I swear by whatever you observe * and what you do not observe, ** that it is a statement [made] by a noble messenger. * It is no poet's statement; how little do you believe! * Nor is it some fortune teller's statement; how little do you think things over! * [It is] something sent down by the Lord of the Universe.
* If he had mouthed some [false] statements about Us, ** We would have seized him by the right hand; * then cut off his main artery. * Not one of you would have prevented it!
* We know too that some of you will reject it.
** It means despair for disbelievers;
* yet it is the absolute Truth!
* So hymn your Lord's almighty name!
Published with authorization from Dr.T.B.Irving .