The translation should evoke some mystery, yet not confuse us; here the name clearly means the morning star that announces dawn. This shows the dramatic symbolism found in many Arabic names.
* By the sky and the Nightcomer!
* What will make you
realize what the Nightcomer is?
* The star shining [before dawn]!
* Each soul has a guardian [set up] over it,
* so let everyman notice
what he has been created from.
* He was created from a fluid ejected
* from between his backbone and his ribs.
* He is Able to revive him
* on a day when secrets will be tested;
** so he will have no strength [left]
nor any supporter.
* By the sky with its cycle,
* by the earth cracking open,
* it is a decisive statement!
* It is no joke.
** They are hatching some plot
* while I too am hatching a plot;
* so put up with disbelievers;
put up with them as long as you can!
Published with authorization from Dr.T.B.Irving .