In the name of God, the Mercy-giving, the Merciful !
The Last Day
* Has the story of the Pall ever reached you?
* Some faces will be downcast on that day,
* laboring, toiling. * They will roast
in a scorching fire; ** offered
a boiling spring to drink from,
* they will have no food except some cactus
* which will neither fatten (them)
nor satisfy their hunger.
* Other faces will be blissful on that day,
* pleased with their effort,
** (dwelling) in a lofty garden. * No loose talk
will be heard in it. * There will be
a flowing spring there; * by it
couches will be raised up,
* glasses set in place, ** cushions lined up
* and carpets spread around.
* Do they not consider
how camels have been created?
* Nor how the sky has been lifted up?
* Nor how the mountains have been erected?
** Nor even how the earth
has been flattened out?
* So remind: you need only to remind!
*You are no taskmaster set up over them,
* except for someone who turns away and disbelieves;
* God will punish him with the worst torment.
** Toward Us lies their retreat;
* then their reckoning will fall on Us.
Published with authorization from Dr.T.B.Irving .