* Those People of the Book who have disbelieved, plus the associators [of others with God] did not give up until evidence came to them,
* [through] a messenger from God reciting purified pages
* which comprise changeless books.
* Nor did those who were given the Book disagree (about it) until after evidence had come to them.
** Yet they have merely been ordered to worship God sincerely - [reserving] religion for Him [Alone], as righteous seekers [after Truth] and to keep up prayer and pay the welfare tax. That is the religion for an established [community].
Hell and Paradise
* Those People of the Book who disbelieve as well as the associators will remain in Hell fire; those are the worst creatures. * Those who believe and perform honorable deeds are the best creatures; * their reward from their Lord will be gardens of Eden through which rivers flow, to live in for ever. God is pleased with them while they feel pleased with Him. That is [reserved] for anyone who dreads his Lord.
Published with authorization from Dr.T.B.Irving.